Below you’ll find the answers to most the frequently asked questions surrounding SportsPro NEW ERA. However, if you have any further questions about the programme or around your application, please contact the team at here where we’ll be happy to help.
Launched in 2022, NEW ERA is an initiative run by SportsPro to recognise, support and advocate for a new era of gender equality and representation within the international sports industry.
We want to bring new ideas, underappreciated thinkers and underrepresented people to the forefront and elevate their profiles. We will provide a global platform and ongoing community engagement, powered by a diverse Steering Group of inspirational and accomplished women with unrivalled experience.
Despite progress being made, there is still a small pool of regular female contributors to the global b2b sports industry conversation. We intend to widen and deepen this from within.
SportsPro’s unique network of influence affords us the opportunity and responsibility to help shape the future landscape of the sports industry and empower the women who will steer it.
Programme applications for 2023/24 are now closed, but you can join the NEW ERA community here!
The NEW ERA community enhances development pathways for traditionally overlooked and underrepresented sports executives.
As part of the NEW ERA Community, we will be extending a wealth of opportunities to connect you with fellow sports industry professionals. This includes our networking platform ‘NEW ERA CONNECT’, where you can network with, and hear from, key voices across the industry to tackle the most pertinent topics in sport.
View the full list of community benefits here.
NEW ERA CONNECT sessions are primarily held virtually and in person on occasion.
To attend CONNECT sessions, register to join the NEW ERA Community below.
Successful applicants will benefit from the full SportsPro portfolio including:
Editorial – Spotlight profile building, featured pieces, podcast guest and thought leadership articles
Events – On-stage speaking opportunities embedded within the agenda and access to all SportsPro events for the year
Coaching – Dedicated individual time with members of the NEW ERA Steering Group
Community – A support network and access to a diverse community of backgrounds, professional competencies and experience
Target applicants for this programme include any female or non-binary person/s that can relate to one or more of the following points…
- Has an active position within the sports industry
- An identifiable vision and appetite for long term career progression in sport
- Aspiring future leaders
- Standout contributors or professional influencers within their team, organisation or sector
- Age, job title, or location agnostic – applicable to all functions/sectors of the sports industry
Applications for the SportsPro NEW ERA Programme are free of charge, therefore no payment is required to enter this programme.
- Why are you interested in applying for the New Era Programme?
- Where do you aspire to be in the next five years of your career in sports? Why?
- What project have you contributed to that you are most proud of? Why?
- What challenges have you faced and visible or invisible barriers have you encountered working in sport?
- Which areas of your personal development can our Steering Group provide the greatest value for you to achieve your goals?
- What impact do you aspire to have for other women working in sports?
- Have you previously spoken at industry events?
- Have you previously been a part of a mentorship programme?
Successful applicants will be selected through two rounds of judging.
Round 1 – SportsPro staff will review all applications to curate a shortlist of 24 applications.
Round 2 – The Steering Group will review the shortlist to select the 12 members of the NEW ERA Programme.
Factors under consideration include, but not limited to are:
Impact – Awards, promotions, or recognitions in the workplace.
Influence – Roles both in or out of work, committees, or volunteering.
Suitability – How well can the NEW ERA Programme and its Steering Group benefit each individual based on their profile.
Personal Purpose – How do goals and ambitions align with the ethos of the NEW ERA Programme.
The NEW ERA Steering Group is comprised of global senior executives that represent diverse backgrounds, job descriptions, and specialities that align with the key pillars of SportsPro to ensure participants are exposed to a comprehensive breadth of topics and new networks within the SportsPro community.
Applications for 2023/24 are now closed.